If you or your baby have been impacted by substance use during your pregnancy, you may have to create a Plan of Safe Care before you leave the hospital. A Plan of Safe Care ensures that you and your baby have the resources you both need to be safe and healthy and will include:
- Your baby’s safety and treatment needs
- Your health and treatment needs
- The treatment needs of anyone who lives with you and who will help care for your baby (ex: the father, boyfriend, grandparents, roommate, etc.).
If you have questions about Plans of Safe Care, creating one, or access to substance use treatment, please contact your local Child Welfare office and request to speak with the intake department. To find your local Child Welfare office, please click here.
Get Help Now...
Resources for Expectant Mothers
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Phone: 614-752-8718
- Email: Richard.Massatti@mha.ohio.gov
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Email: Deanna.Herold@jfs.ohio.gov
Ohio Supreme Court - Children and Families Section
- Phone: 614-387-9385
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org