Breastfeeding offers many benefits, including:
- Saving time and money.
- Being easier on baby's tummy.
- Keeping mom and baby close.
The Ohio Department of Health, along with the American Academy of Pediatrics, recommends feeding only breast milk for the first six months of life and continuing to breastfeed along with other foods for the first year and beyond.
The Ohio WIC Program commits to:
- Helping make breastfeeding the cultural standard for Ohio infants.
- Offering education and support to help women make informed feeding decisions.
- Supporting the mother in her choice.
For free breastfeeding support, call 1-888-588-3423 to speak with a live breastfeeding expert 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.